Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Surprise Utah Trip

Just as I was running out of things to do around the house, a friend had the brillant idea to go to Utah for the week.  I wasn't too thrilled about being in a car for 10 hours with a 2-month-old so I splurged and used all of our credit card points!  Being on the plane with Sam wasn't too bad...I sat by a Mexican cholo that turned out to be the sweetest teddy bear and couldn't stop talking about his family.  I also sat by a fancy-schancy hipster gay guy that definitely did NOT like Sam.  First thing he did when he sat down--put down the arm rest and took a fake nap.  Haha whatever.

We visited a whole bunch of friends and Sam may have been slightly overstimulated/cranky from all the different sounds and people but he eventually got used to it.  It was so fun seeing my sis-in-law Evelyn and her family.  Her kiddos are so cute and they couldn't wait to meet Sam.  When Evelyn first told them about Sam's dwarfism, Natalie asked if he was gonna be bigger than a stick of butter!  Maybe she thought he was gonna be fairy-sized? Haha I love it.  Evelyn says Kai prays for Sam at night asking that he won't get bullied.  Awh...I can tell they love him so much already.  We're so blessed to have such wonderful family members!  

Speaking of family, my dad and stepmom could not get enough of Sam.  They were trying to put Sam to bed one night and it became a joint effort with my dad holding and patting him and my stepmom holding his pacifier and stroking his head (picture below).  It was too cute.  It made me happy seeing them so happy.  They both got teary-eyed saying bye to Sam when we had to leave.  It made me stop and realize how important our family relationships are and how essential it is to nourish those relationships.  It's so easy for me to get wrapped up in school, work, friends, whatever but when I remember to spend time with those that know me best, I always feel centered again.    
   

2 comments:

  1. Love you and Sam. So happy I got to see you. I'm sad because I realized that I never even held him!! That's what happens when I'm chasing Amelia around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUch CUTE pictures and thanks for adding the kid comments. How precious that Kai prays for him. Tells you what HE has already been through. Sammy just gets cuter and cuter each day!

    ReplyDelete